Call for Papers
CSFS 2012 “Forensics: Public, Private or Partnership?”
Deadline for Abstract
March 15, 2012
Abstracts for both the oral and poster presentations in the scientific sessions should be submitted by completing the following Call for Papers form. All presenters must be registered for the full conference or for the daily session. Presentations are not to exceed 15 minutes.
Poster presentations will be displayed around the central foyer at IRMACS, May 10th and 11th.
Your posters should measure not more than 4’ x 8’. Posters exceeding these dimensions will not be displayed. For display purposes, your poster may be printed on 8.5” x 11” sheets or on larger poster sized sheets.
Please use a clear font (i.e. Times) and in a font size readable from a one-foot distance. Use 18 font for headings, conclusions, bullets and major points. Nothing smaller than 12 font should be used.
- Try to make your poster tell the story, as people do not like to work hard to get the information. Concise, clear presentation of the information is more effective than a dense complicated explanation in transmitting the point trying to be made by the author.
- A page filled completely with text is a mistake. Break up the text with your graphs, tables and images.
- Visual presentations of data are more effective than lists of results. Avoid complex tables with multiple columns of data in small font. Usually these tables are ignored.
- As with any presentation, be sure that your hypothesis is clearly stated and supported in the conclusions.
- Do not forget to include references and acknowledgements, and note that these may be in a smaller font size than the rest of the text.
|CSFS 2012 - A Call for Papers (PDF)||72.52 KB|